i have ten valid reasons to go back and enjoy cebu… again!
1. rea and kris john are both in cebu. they are two of the best people in my life. they will surely be a family to me every time i’m in cebu.
2. i love the malls. it’s not too small, it’s not too big yet i still get lost. haha. but really, i love spending the night in ayala. lights are playful and people are edible. :p
3. the smoking thing was one of the best experiences i had in cebu. i still ask my friends from time to time if it’s safe to smoke here and there and they’d just tell me, “wala ka sa davao, cebu ni! bisag asa pwede.” whoa, imagine how that thing made my stay worth-smoking. haha
4. we’ve been to different food establishments for food trips — from vibe’s, casa verde, UP Cebu food courts, up to the barbecues and puso of consolacion. and the foods make me long to go back to cebu more and more.
5. i cannot afford to go back to davao and poland without experiencing cebu’s nightlife. after all, it’s what i wanted to experience many many many years ago. good enough, i spent two nights-till-dawn in MANGO (need not dwell on its target market. haha). it’s really p-a-r-t-e-y-y-y-y. you dance; they dance and then you realize you’re dancing with someone you just met a while ago.
6. i just love the night-people in cebu! they make me hungry. haha. kidding aside, i really think cebuanos are warm. what’s more weird is that, everybody does the beso thing regardless of gender. promise, it almost shocked me. (mas masaya kasi minsan, hindi na talaga beso yung ginagawa. aylaykk!)
7. one more thing, i had my own share of ‘spiritual’ time in cebu despite the worldly things i did there. thanks to the Sto. Nino Church for being the venue for me to do so.
8. STARBUCKS. PERIOD.
9. and you are right! i can be me when i am in cebu. i always say this when i feel like being histrionic there, “ngano, nakaila sila sa ako?” i know, whatdefuckingalien much.
10. i need to go back there when my future employer calls me anytime soon. exciting, eh?
i don’t have an american dream. i don’t have a utopian dream. i only want cebu for now! 😉