earlier this afternoon, i applied for a job in a university in GenSan. obviously, i hope to teach there next semester. i got a call 3 hours after i submitted my application letter and was scheduled for an interview tomorrow morning.
you read it right. i can have a ‘real job’ now. finally, i am over my college years. *confetti*
and yeah, what better way to treat myself after a hellish semester loaded with thesis, photography class, analysis of Rizal’s works, researches in anthropology, etcetera?
thanks to biboy for inviting me to a stress-free night. for the sake of this blog, i’m using his nickname since i don’t want him get famous. magiging feeler lang. :p
the night of first times, i’d like to call it. and because the night was worth-sharing (vaguely), here are some tips i’d like to share for a totally stress-free night:
1. before going to the beach, you may chug beers first at piyesta ktv and restobar.
2. when you go for an outing, be firm with your decisions. don’t be fickle-minded, at least for that moment. decide when you have to decide what to eat. after all, the driver gets tired too though he would expectedly say he’s ok. *laughs*
3. if you can’t decide what to eat for the rest of the night, here are some best buys in gensan: chips, san miglight and gilbeys premium at a convenience store along osmena st., take-out any meal from jollibee (preferrably chickenjoy for breakfast. make sure you secure the change after paying. :P), water and yosi at a convenience store near YBL terminal.
4. When you have all that, you’re sure to have a food-full and beer-full night. but wait, the tent should be set-up. and it helps when you’re with a boy scout. 🙂
5. when you’re stepping on the sand already, make sure to take off your shoes. wear flip flops or get barefooted! then sit. relax. wear comfy shorts and shirt. don’t change clothes from time to time either especially if you don’t do the laundry. haha.
6. look for eye-candies. look around you. who knows they might be on the same page as you are. (and you don’t need to decipher this thing.)
7. you do the talking… big time! share. laugh. stare. puff! yes, sip and puff! it keeps the night warm. eat apple. but don’t imagine you’re eating an apple from manila. :p
8. when you see the day coming, maybe it’s a good idea to sleep. yes, there’s a reason it’s called night swimming. you have to keep yourself awake at night. and when the dawn breaks, have yourself laid inside the tent.
9. WHEN YOU’RE ABOUT TO SLEEP, PLEASE DO SLEEP! don’t do the things you do outside of the tent. REST! :p
10. another reason it’s called night swimming is that you only have to stay there the whole night and a quarter of the first hours of the day. so even if you don’t get yourself enough sleep, you wake up and fix the tent. again, leave the job to the boy scout.
11. swim! have fun in the water. after all, you’re supposed to unload the stress. the best way to do it is leave the problems in the water. let the fishes carry them.
12. eat breakfast. then, reset your mind — the real world is waiting as soon as you step out of the resort. yes. harsh but true. there are a lot of things we have to deal with in the outside world.
but at least, at some point, you made the right choice to unwind, unload, and relax. let the sea, the sand, and the tent remain the witnesses…
of the stories shared.
of the beers drank.
of the cigarette butts thrown.
of the laughters.
of the priceless moments…